Monday, October 16, 2006

I survived Friday the 13th

A strange set of coincedences were abound on Friday 13th. I had just read and chuckled at Yaxlich's Friday 13th post and was talking to a friend in England about it. At that very moment I was heading off to Lake Hartwell in Georgia. My wife and I were meeting up with 3 other couple friends and planning on letting the dogs play.

That's 8 people in total, a lake and Friday 13th. My friend expected that I would not make it back from the trip but here I am, alive and well. Maybe it's because I'm the cute one who also happens to be the virgin?

It was a little scary though - the house next door to the one we stayed in had been burned to the ground and there were eerie noises coming from pipes and metal that got caught in the breeze. There were no street lamps and the only flashlight we had was the one in the house that died just 2 minutes after turning it on. Leaving me and my friend to trip over brush and half-path until we found the lighting for the walk down to the lake front.

To be honest - I'm a 37 year old, 6'5" man who doesn't get scared by much but I'll admit to breathing a little short and generally puckering my butt as I made it out to the homeowners boat dock which was lit up like a Christamd tree it was so bright. That was quite a scary 200 yards I can tell you.

Still, we proceeded to make an amazing (even if I say so myself) fire in a fire pit on the beachfront and sat there eating s'mores and drinking. As for the other coincedences? 13 drinks, 13 stumbles in the woods, 13 ghost stories told. ( I really wasn't counting......) And the final one: Is there any coincedence in the fact that I couln't play pool when I was 13 years old and the fact that I cannot play after 13 vodka and red bulls now?

1 comment:

Yaxlich said...

Yaxlich is pleased to see that Richard survived Friday 13th. He equally can't play pool.