Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Power of the Right Words

Much has been written on this subject but I learned yesterday just how important words can be. Not just the written words but the words we use in our thoughts and our speech daily.

Yesterdays lesson for me came in the form of 3 words.

  • Want
  • Need
  • Desire

Did you know that these are in fact BAD words? Both Want and Need have their origins in Lack, which is not something I want to attract.

As for what I thought was a reasonable replacement, Desire - it appears that although it may not be a bad word, it is in fact a weak word. The right word to use is Require. It is a much more powerful word. If you don't know why, think about this: Do you desire air to breathe or do you require it?

My thanks to Jaie, Lolita and Shane for the great conversation that led to this education for me.

What are the right words you can use to manifest what you require?

In abaundance,

Richard

No comments: