Thursday, September 07, 2006

The News While I was Away

It's been quite a week, or so. Since I started my holiday (and forgot my blog) for a whole week so much has happened in the world. This is what has caught my eye, made me think or simply just happened....

1 - My friend Yaxlich has had a wonderful week; winning the bestest blog of the day award and reaching a blogging milestone. Congratulations to Yaxlich. Additional congrats on not actually pooping yourself in the last few weeks.
2 - Lizza has a post that is near and dear to my heart - I love les Miserables, well, along with Jesus Christ Superstar, in fact I believe that I am only beer, burgers and bad dress away from being gay :-) It might explain why I love Show Tunes so much?
3 - Jim has recovered from his recent hurt and started spreading flirty smiles throughout fastfood joints across the US.
4 - Steve Irwin, the loud, passionate Aussie "Crocodile Hunter" died in what can only be ruled a freak accident. Whatever your views of him, he made for some very interesting TV and was exceptionally educational. He will certainly be missed. If you wish to honour his memory then maybe you could contribute a penny or more to his conservation organization; www.wildlifewarriors.com
5 - Katie Couric made her CBS evening news debut. A big thing here in the US but not such a big thing in my home country England where I remember ladies presenting the evning news from when I was a child.

(Angela Rippon became Britain's first female newsreader on national TV and made her first television appearance for BBC Plymouth on 5 September 1966. She famously danced on the Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show in 1977.)



6 - Baby Suri Cruise, previously unseen and oft attributed with not existing, child of Tom Cruise and the pretty one from Dawson's Creek, Katie Holmes, made her debut this week. With a full photo spread in Vanity Fair magazine and covered by every news channel in the states. Can some again tell me why celebrities are such big news? I don't think I get it. My wife and her friends are absolutely addicted to all the gossip mags and this Pink blog.
7 - I have not failed to get parking spaces immediately where I want them, when I want them.
8 - I read something in Forbes magazine that in my mind ties the whole Law of Attraction to what some scientists call "string theory". I haven't had much time to research this further yet but here's my first results page. I'll let you know what I find out unless you can tell me more about it first.

Thanks and see you soon.

Key Words : , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Lizza said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, Richard. It's a beautiful song for a beautiful musical.

Welcome back!