Tuesday, August 15, 2006

1 Million Dollars

When my wifes breakfast turned up in the hospital this morning it came with a copy of USA today, which made me chuckle because this normally only happens in hotels, but then I realized we were paying for it anyway so.....

Amyway - In the business section, was this article about the "Magic Number" of the American Dream. $1 Million. Were you aware that the number of people with $1 million or more in net worth in the USA grew 7% to 2.7 million in 2005? By contrast, when Rockefeller and Carnegie walked there were only 4,000 millionaires. Mr. Monopoly is the symbol of Parker Brothers' long-running board game.

Will you be one? There's a test you can take too: The Millionaire Test. You enter a number of variables and it tells you at what age to expect your first million.

Guess when I'm going to make mine? Well according to the paper "Based on your inputs it appears that you will not become a millionaire in your lifetime. " Oooops. But you don't have to believe it if it comes up that way for you.

That's because their test is all based on saving money. I'm about making money. That's why I was very impressed when I first read the "Secrets of the millionaire mind" by T. Harv Eker. It's actually one of the books that the USA Today examples in it's story.

The premise of "Secrets of the millionaire mind" is that each of us has a financial blue print, one that has been drawn and redrawn over the years. This blueprint is the basis of how we manage money and our finances. What our expectations about money are and how the thinking of the rich is so different from the thinking of the poor. How we make money, keep money, spend money, save money, invest money and so on.

It's a great read and I'm looking forward to attending the workshop in Atlanta in November. If you are interested he also has teleseminars and evening classes.

This book, is just another one of the reasons I believe so strongly in the law of attraction and that my wife and I will be wealthy. Very wealthy by the time I am 44. As a kid growing up in England I used to think about being a millionaire. That magic number. At the time it was my English Dream. Now that I know that $1 Million back in Rockefellers' day is the equivalent of $14 Million today I want more.

The law of attraction says I can have it even though the USA Today suggests I cannot. So I'll leave you for now as I go off to complete the crossword, wrap up my fish'n'chips and then ask the universe for my new magic number. :-)

Enjoy your day - It's a great one, filled with possibility.

Richard

Relevant Words : , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Reeholio said...

Hi Richard,

I have been to your blog a few times since you left a comment at mine, and finally thought I'd leave a comment. I am also going to create a link on my blog to yours so I can come back again more easily.

Speaking of links, I see you have Yaxlich in your side links. His blog always makes me laugh!

Have you made a plan for making your million dollars? If not, it is just a dream.

I too have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad a few years ago, as well as Cash Flow Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. I was also lucky enough to see him speak live in Brisbane a couple of years ago. What an inspirational man Robert Kiyosaki is!

If you enjoyed his books, another book I would recommend to you if you have not read it already, is called 'The Richest Man in Babylon' by by George Clason. This book is a timeless classic.

Anyhow, I wish your wife a swift recovery and my thoughts are with you both during this time.

Regards,

Rhys

Richard said...

Hey Rhys,

God Bless ya, and thanks for taking the time to look around. Especially thanks for your kind words and the link :-)

I'll make sure to add a link on here too. That way we're all connected in some way.

Richard

Anwalt said...

I find the valuable information is provided by you.
I appriciate the skills of your blog writing and the time sharing with us.
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.