Friday, August 11, 2006

The Winners

We won! Yep, last nights kick-about (pick up) soccer game was won by the team I played on. We play every Thursday and although I've only played in one previous match we have been bettered by the opposition each time. Well, not last night. We won. Most importantly we won by the two goals that I said we would.

After the game, in an English Pub in Georgia I started talking to my neighbors, J and his wife K about the Secret and realized just how "far out there" this thinking is by comparison to the accepted norms. I mean, these are smart people and well paid but even when I was talking about the basics of financial freedom, you know - the Rich Dad way, I could sense their unease.

It was a reminder to me of just how far I have come on my journey to financial freedom. In fact this journey is not just mine. My wife and I share it, every step of the way but that wasn't the easiest agreement to reach I can assure you. Now we agree, we drive each other on and that has made our lives so much easier. Being out of alignment with a partner or loved one is tough, on both of you. Some of you already know this and some of you have already found ways to work together. I'd love to hear from both types of you out there.

Maybe the comments section here could prove to be a little self help column for those people?

Now, whatever comes our way we believe that "Together, We Win." Maybe by just 2 goals but maybe by any measure of our $10M in assets inside 7 years or any of our health or happiness goals.

When we first started dating, my now wife told me that she had one simple rule for me to follow. (now, since we've been married I have noticed that there are a whole lot more rules to follow - say nice things, don't do that, shoes live upstairs, they're your dogs too, one drink is enough - that kind of thing :-) But I digress. The one rule she had was:

If she is happy then I am happy.

So, I do what I can to follow that rule, wherever I can. It's not as easy as it sounds because I don't always say nice things, I do do that, shoes stay where I take them off, my dogs love to sleep while hers (they are the same 2 dogs) need walking....a lot and I do like to drink (one has never been enough.) But!! When I remember her rule, and make her happy, she does in fact make me very, very, very happy.

I suppose with that said. I win all ways round.

Have a great day and think about something that makes you happy. Go on, try it.....


Relevant words : , , , ,

1 comment:

John Perozzi said...

Hello Richard,
Just checking in to tell you the law of attraction is working quite well in Alpharetta, GA. Lots of strange coincidences moving me toward my goals. Goals I set just a few months ago now look feeble and emaciated compared to what I'm thinking now.
Keep up the good work.
John