Thursday, August 10, 2006

Give Thanks

So today my day job means that I have to go and present an idea to a customer. I'm excited as I have been working on the document and presentation for weeks and today marks the end of that piece of work, at least for a while.

It gave me time to clear some email and look around at other blogs. There's so much out there that's smart, funny, educating and well written. The world really is filled with some gifted people.

Sticking with the theme of my blog I thought today would be an appropriate day to give back, to say thanks. You see, the secret and the law of attraction work when you give thanks for what you have and are grateful for.

So I'm going to start and in case you think I'm ungrateful for missing anything this, in no way is going to be, a comprehensive list.

Today I am grateful for:
  • My Health. I must focus hard and give up smoking soon. In fact if I think about it I should really say that I should be an ex-smoker soon. I have to remember to put a positive spin on everything.
  • My Wife - A really fantastic spirit who really is my inspiration for so many things.
  • Funny things - or anything that makes you laugh. Like this blog. It's amazing how good you feel when you're smiling and laughing.
  • My Friends - A mixed bunch of all sorts. A real cross section. For being good to me, allowing me to be good to them and for believing in me (even though they now think I've vibrated myself half way to the nut house)
  • The internet - for allowing me to get this story and message out there. All this writing is incredibly cathartic don't you know.
  • The universe - for answering and delivering when I ask for something. Did you know that in the last week, everytime we have looked for a parking space the one directly in front of the store is being vacated as we get there? Just for us. It's true.
  • - for keeping me grounded. I don't know how you work but I'm glad you do.
  • The law of attraction - for working in the same way as gravity. I don't know how you do what you do but please keep on doing it.

That's it for today except to say that I thank my parents daily for the grounding they gave me, the love, the support, the freedom and the rules. They have helped immensely in becoming who I am today. Thanks Mum and Dad.

3 comments:

Lizza said...

I agree, there are many, many things we should be grateful for -- nice list you have!

Anonymous said...

Great blog you've started here, mate. We don't think you've vibrated yourself half way to the nut house. We think you went to the nut house first and THEN started vibrating! lol

Some great insights on here, by the way. I need to take some time out and watch The Secret.

Keep on blogging. As you say, it's incredibly carthartic.

MB

Richard said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying such nice things Lizza and Mike. You see, even with everything that is going on in the world today there is still goodness everywhere.

Good people are still in the majority.