Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Law of Attraction

Yesterday was a good day for me. In fact it was a great day. I didn't make millions of dollars or discover a way to prevent illness (although I believe that the law of attraction works for that too - just consider the placebo affect) I just witnessed at least 2 more examples of the law of attraction at work.

Firstly, last November, My wife and I moved into a newly built house backing onto a large wooded area. The problem was that one of the trees was positioned right up next to the deck, or maybe it was the deck that was built too close to the tree. But either way it started shedding it's leaves at the beginning of summer and we wanted that to stop. A lot. So we just kept saying what a nuisance that tree was, right there. Now it's been confirmed that it has died and the builder has arranged for a tree surgeon to come and remove it. I'm pleased because now our backyard will appear to be twice the size and I won't have to pick up leaves all year round.

Now, just in case you think we're evil for killing a tree, firstly we didn't know we were at the time and secondly as a mark of respect and out of thanks to the universe we will be planting two new trees, at the very rear of our yard, away from the house. You know, just to give a little back.

My second reason for feeling great: For those of you who have read my blog about my dream board you'll remember that I had the beautiful new Bentley on it. Well just yesterday I saw it - In my town, crossing the railroad tracks - It was just waiting for me. I phoned my wife all excited and we agreed. It's getting closer. You just don't see this big British car in these parts of the South. It's too rare.

But there it was - in my town and waiting for me. Well it had too - I had the right of way. :-) But here it comes. My Bentley has found me and now it knows roughly where I live. It will be back, that I know. And when it comes back it'll be mine. In fact I may even go and test drive one soon. Just so I can keep the picture and the feelings in my mind.

That's how this law works. I love it.

Relevant words :
, , , , , ,

No comments: